Follow Me On Twitter

Follow Me On Twitter!
@iPodgePaige

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm weird

I've been getting a bit philosophical lately following a random light-hearted conversation with some of the girls the other day, basically we concluded:
If it's meant to be, it will be.
Having thought on this since, I think this is true. Or perhaps I think it's reassuring. Maybe both.

Anyway, we agreed on the classic cliche that everything happens for a reason - because if something wasn't meant to be, then it will go wrong to stop it from being, because it's preventing whatever truly "shall be" from being. (Mouthful) So really, the "reason" everything happens is that it was or wasn't meant to be. Cheesy. 

Although this is reassuring, it's annoying to be left with the question of why it was or wasn't meant to be? Or perhaps thinking that maybe something went wrong because it's not meant to be right now.

 It seems that time and free will are our only obstacles from letting the path of fate mould our lives.
I think our free will allows us to temporarily change our path of fate: I think we believe we are in control of our path - so we can make big life-changing choices, and we can uphold these for short or long amounts of time and I suppose in a sense "put off" fate. But in the end, whatever is meant to be will take it's form - be it good or bad.
Unless of course, the decisions and choices we've made correspond with our "fate". But I doubt this happens a lot.

For example, something could be "meant to be" - and then our choices can change that from being. This path we've made for ourselves could last years and years, but then eventually the original circumstance will become apparent again. But then perhaps this change of path is fate too? Perhaps this separate path is required in order for "fate" to happen. The time is needed for us as people to develop, grow, mature or do something significant in order for fate to happen.
Mmm, well I'm no philosopher, but this is what I think. Maybe I've got too much time on my hands. We'll see about this fate lark..

Mind The Gap
iPodge

No comments:

Post a Comment