Follow Me On Twitter

Follow Me On Twitter!
@iPodgePaige

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

a thought

So I just went cinema [Orange Wednesday you get me] to see 
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

It was a good film, actually. It's basically about growing old, dreams, regrets and generally lovin life - with quite a few racist laughs inbeetween. 
I got excited even more about seeing it because Professor McGonagall is in it [playing someone else, jeez]. She's actually SO different from McGonagall - obvs I know she's an actress and so it's not surprising that she can shape-shift like this (without pollyjuice potion), but I'll forever know her as McGonagall and not this racist cripple.
It's cool Professor, I shall not take your title away from you. <3

Anyway, a phrase said throughout the film by the optimistic hotel-owner (and previous Slumdog Millionaire) Sonny, was:

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

I like this quote.
I wonder if this same quote got him through the slums.. the end turned out alright for him! Caj win a million pounds.. yeah, well in Ruislip we're lucky to win a voucher for the Chimes. Even then it may only be an exciting 3% off at JD sports, (if you're lucky). And well, perhaps that is the 'end' destined for all Ruislip-ians. Get excited.

On a serious level though, the quote is good. It's hopeful. At the end of the day, life is what you make it (so let's make it rock, lol yeah jokes) I suppose - and everyone wants their life to be 'alright' at least? And surely, if your entire life really is the epitome of disastrous, then for it to be alright in the end may be worth it, something to look forward to I suppose - if it's worth it that is.
But then this also requires patience.

I'd like to apply this quote to my life. What with all these shitty A-Levels, relationships, 17 year old hormones, not to mention a cat who sometimes decides to spontaneously excrete on the kitchen floor.. surely I'll be cut some slack soon.
Surely it's all worth something - be it a life lesson or life-changing, or perhaps just learning to use a mop effectively and have a good sense of smell.
I hope it will be alright in the end. 
And if my current idea of when the "end" is and what "alright" will be is wrong, then I guess I have something else exciting to look forward to.
For now though, I shall continue my wishful naive thinking, and hope the "end" will come in all it's glorious adequacy of "alright"-ness.

Mind The Gap
iPodge

No comments:

Post a Comment