Follow Me On Twitter

Follow Me On Twitter!
@iPodgePaige

Sunday, March 11, 2012

YOLO

Woo, so I decided to change my layout - because that's how bored I am. And how much I'm trying to avoid work. Waa.

So something I'd like to rant about is this "YOLO". I found out last night that it actually came from a song - am I 454533 years late on this?

But yeah, it seems YOLO is taking over or perhaps becoming an excuse to either fuck everything up, or embrace it. I suppose you could look at it in 2 ways..

Fuck it man YOLO. Let's waste 5 years of our lives pretending to work our arses off at sixth form and uni knowing there'll be no jobs waiting for us. Let's waste 5 years being drunk and partying and procrastinating essay upon essay upon essay because we've got something more important better to do, change our minds on our career paths 45452454 times and still don't have a clue where we're headed - and in the end, have a fat loan to pay off with nothing to show for it.. but whatever, cos we had fun. Let's fuck about and take risks. Fall in love and never see it through, say YES. Go bungee jumping and do everything your parents are keeping you from. Be a fucking idiot, but have a good time.

or;

YOLO. So let's not fuck this up. Let's actually appreciate what we've got, because we wont get this again. "Don't wait cos right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be." Tell our family and friends how much we love them and see the world. Loosing ourselves but not loosing touch with reality. Settle down, be happy. Wind up a boring but sensible person, and die. And never come back cos YOLO.

Okay I've just looked up the song YOLO came from. I bet Drake didn't think that much into what YOLO means. Probably cos he's not that gay.



Mind The Gap;
iPodge
x

No comments:

Post a Comment